Does your sex life suck? If you’d like to makeover your sexual relationship, get over and get ride of these seven deadly sins!
1. Insecurity: Most people say confidence is one of the most attractive qualities in a partner; a lack of confidence is indeed one of the least attractive—especially in the bedroom. Hang ups about our bodies from being overweight to having cellulite or “backne” make us more inhibited in between the sheets.
2. Lack of communication: If we can’t talk about sex, we shouldn’t be having sex! This may be easier said than done when awkward and uncomfortable topics come up about our sex lives, but communication about sex becomes easier with time. Sex should be something we can discuss with out partners. Talking about it can make it better if we are really open to listening to our partner’s needs and preferences.
3. Selfishness: Sex with a selfish male or female can get old really quickly! If a partner is only focused on his/her pleasure, it is easy to feel used and difficult to get true enjoyment out of any physical activity.
4. Guilt: People feel guilty about having sex for many reasons. Whether their up bring, religion, relationship history, or integrity is to blame, guilt sucks the fun right out of sex.
5. Infidelity: Guilt and infidelity often go hand and hand. The cheating partner can have a hard time being intimate after an affair. The person who learns of the affair and feels betrayed is even less likely to enjoy sex and intimacy.
6. Stress: Stressful life events and circumstances can take a toll on our self-esteem and quality of life. If we are physically and mentally exhausted, the last thing on our minds is having sex! (Consider new parents, for instance!) Extreme stress can make us lose the sparkle in our eyes, making enjoyment out of sex a tremendous challenge.
7. Worry: STD’s and unwanted pregnancies are no picnic. Many people should adopt the “No glove—no love” mentality.
Want to improve your sex and love life? Get free advice and coaching from Rachel Russo, NYC-based Dating, Relationship, & Image Coach, at http://www.rachelrusso.com/